NGO Participatory Events at the Headquarters of United Nations, in NYC and World Wide
- 2nd Annual Multi-Stakeholder Forum on Science, Technology & Innovation for Sustainable Developmetn Goals (STI Forum) | 15 – 16 May 2017 | DETAILS | UNHQ, NYC
The UN Inter-Agency Task Team on STI for SDGs (IATT) was mandated to work with the 10 representatives from civil society, private sector and scientific community to prepare the STI Forum. Application Deadline: 28 March.
- 2017 Special Meeting of ECOSOC on "Innovations in Infrastructure Development and Promoting Sustainable Industrialization" | 31 May 2017 | DETAILS | UNHQ, NYC
The President of ECOSOC will highlight the relevance of industry, innovation and infrastructure (SDG-9) to the achievement of the 2030 Agenda by convening a Special Meeting of the Council on 31 May 2017 at UN Headquarters in New York. Resilient infrastructure and sustainable industrialization are key enablers of poverty eradication and can promote inclusion, connectivity and equality within societies. However, it can be complex and expensive to develop, especially in countries in Africa and countries in special situations.
- Our Oceans, Our Future: Partnering for the Implementation of Sustainable Development Goals 14 | 5 – 9 June 2017 | DETAILS | UNHQ, NYC
The Conference shall comprise plenary-meetings, partnership dialogues and a special event commemorating World Oceans Day. It shall adopt by consensus a concise, focused, intergovernmentally agreed declaration in the form of a "call of action" to support the implementation of Goal 14 and a report containing the co-chairs' summaries of the partnership dialogues, as well as a list of voluntary commitments for the implementation of Goal 14, to be announced at the Conference. Application Deadline: 20 January.
- High-Level Political Forum on Sustainable Development | 10 – 19 July 2017 | UNHQ, NYC
The meeting of the high-level political forum on sustainable development in 2017 convened under the auspices of the Economic and Social Council, will be held from Monday, 10 July, to Wednesday, 19 July 2017; including the three-day ministerial meeting of the forum from Monday, 17 July, to Wednesday, 19 July 2017. The theme will be "Eradicating poverty and promoting prosperity in a changing world". Application Deadline: 20 June.
- ECOSOC Humanitarian Affairs Segment | 21 – 23 June 2017 | DETAILS | UNHQ in Geneva, Switzerland
The ECOSOC Humanitarian Affairs Segment (HAS) has been an essential platform for discussing the activities and issues related to strengthening the coordination of the humanitarian assistance of the United Nations. The HAS provides a key opportunity for Member States, United Nations entities, humanitarian and development partners, the private sector and affected communities to discuss emerging and pressing humanitarian issues.
- High-Level Political Forum on Sustainable Developement | 17 – 19 July 2017 | TBD | UNHQ, NYC
- ECOSOC High-Level Segment "Eradicating Poverty in All its Forms and Dimensions Through Promoting Sustainable Development, Expanding Opportunities and Addressing Related Challenges" | 17 – 20 July 2017 | DETAILS | UNHQ, NYC
Held on an annual basis, the High-level Segment represents the culmination of ECOSOC's annual cycle of work and convenes a diverse group of high-level representatives from Government, the private sector, civil society and academia for policy dialogue, review and recommendations on the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and other internationally agreed development goals.
For a full listing of events see U.N. WEBSITE | CLICK HERE
ACCESS our application process to represent our Chapter at the United Nations.