NGO Participatory Events at the Headquarters of United Nations, in NYC and World Wide
- International Youth Day | 11 August 2017 | DETAILS | UNHQ, NYC
The Division for Social Policy and Development (DSPD) of the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UN DESA), in collaboration with the Inter-agency Network on Youth Development’s Working Group on Youth and Peacebuilding is hosting an event at the United Nations Headquarters in New York on Friday, 11 August 2017 to commemorate International Youth Day 2017 under the theme ‘Youth Building Peace’.
The event will draw together experts from youth civil society, government and the United Nations to explore the various ways in which young people are contributing to building and sustaining peace.
- UN General Assembly High-Level Meeting on UN-Habitat | 5 – 6 September 2017 | DETAILS | UNHQ, NYC
UN General Assembly (UNGA) President Peter Thomson will convene this High-level Meeting to discuss the effective implementation of the New Urban Agenda and the positioning of the UN Human Settlements Programme (UN-HABITAT), as called for in the New Urban Agenda adopted at the UN Conference on Housing and Sustainable Urban Development (Habitat III).
- DCF Argentina High-Level Symposium | 6 – 8 September 2017 | DETAILS | San Martin Palace, Buenos Aires
First Preparatory Symposium for 2018 Development Cooperation Forum and as a key milestone in the run up to BAPA+40 this Symposium is on South-South and Triangular Cooperation for Achieving the 2030 Agenda. Building innovative and inclusive Partnerships.
- International Conference on Sustainable Development Goals: Actors and Implementation | 18 – 19 September 2017 | DETAILS | Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
This conference is aimed at creating a permanent and multidisciplinary knowledge network on the implementation of the SDGs. The conference will seek to provide intellectual guidance and scientific evidences to the challenges of SDGs, promoting research and education to build a fair global community and more sustainable societies.
- UN General Assembly High-Level Meeting on the United Nations Global Plan of Action to Combat Trafficking in Persons | 27 – 28 September 2017 | DETAILS | UNHQ, NYC
On improving the coordination of efforts against trafficking in persons, the UN General Assembly (UNGA), following on a decision to appraise progress achieved in implementing the Global Plan of Action on a four-year basis starting at its 72nd session, to assess achievements, gaps and challenges, decided to convene a high-level meeting in October 2017, immediately after the 72nd general debate.
For a full listing of events see U.N. WEBSITE | CLICK HERE
ACCESS our application process to represent our Chapter at the United Nations.